In 2009 we invested in our facility with our vision simply to be the premier supplier of refurbished shopping carts. We have evolved into a company that specializes in sustainability programs, cradle to grave recycling, product life cycle management and landfill avoidance strategies for your shopping cart fleet.
Cart Tech and a handful of valued suppliers (Pemco , Blue Star and Sharp Carts) have developed a recycling program that has created enduring value for our clients. The Cart Tech model takes a balanced approach, improving both the aesthetics and operational performance of our clients’ shopping cart fleets. Cart Tech has developed solutions with the technical expertise that enables clients to fully optimize their capital expenditures by integrating another process that extends the life of their assets--a true cradle to grave solution--into their operations.
Once the OEM’s equipment has reached the end of its original life cycle, Cart Tech steps in and refurbishes the cart back to new condition, by using our unique re-manufacturing process. During this process we recapture the old coating and recycle all of the components from the OEM’s equipment on the cart, creating zero impact on the landfills. We use three vendors and an in-house process to capture all of the components from the old carts.
• Cart Tech grinds all of the plastic components (plastic bumpers, handles, baby seats, leg hole closures) into chip form and then sells it to various plastic companies for recycling and use in other plastic products. In 2010, Cart Tech recycled 32,000 pounds of plastic.
• Pemco Caster, a leader in shopping cart wheel manufacturing, has worked diligently, developing a successful recycling process for all shopping cart wheels. Pemco takes all the wheels to their facility for bearing removal and grinds the wheels into chip form for recycling. In 2010, Cart Tech collected hundreds of thousands of wheels that avoided landfills.
• Cart Tech collects and returns all the old seat belts to Blue Star for recycling.
• Sharp Carts maintains the refurbished shopping cart fleet and collects all components replaced at store level. Sharp Carts returns all wheels and parts replaced in the field to Cart Tech for recycling. Any carts that have reached the end of their life cycle are used as scrap metal.
• There is not a single component that goes into our landfills!
As a leader in the refurbishment business we offer our process to retail store chains, helping them achieve the goals that their corporations strive for in sustainability categories. It truly is a process and we invite you to learn more about what Cart Tech can do for your company.